Using the principles of body mechanics, our Pavilion Medical Home Care and Staffing professionals assist our patients with standing, walking, positioning and transfers — and we teach patients and their loved ones to do it properly so there is no accidental injury to the caregiver or patient. Among other transfer and ambulation procedures, we provide the following services:
- Assisting a person to a dangling position
- Helping someone sit up using the arm lock
- Helping someone stand up
- Using a transfer belt to assist with ambulation
- Assisting with walking for someone who uses a cane, walker, or crutches
- Helping someone move from a bed to a chair
- Helping someone transfer using a slide board
- Transferring someone using a mechanical lift
- Turning someone in bed
- Moving someone up in bed
- Logrolling a person
To schedule an in-service presentation on the topics listed above, or others that might be of interest, call 703-299-9898.
Gross motor development, balance and coordination, gait training, strength, endurance and exercise training, lower extremity and trunk range of motion activities, functional independence (including bed mobility, transfers and wheelchair mobility), weight management, burn care and follow-up treatment, evaluation for equipment to increase independence and enhance performance, family and patient instruction and education, and coordination of care, including discharge needs.